Summer is coming to a close and we’re almost ready for the cool weather and changing leaves of autumn. This also means it’s time to switch up your wardrobe and trade out the bathing suits for cozy clothing and fashionable accessories. While this is exciting for many, it’s stressful for others. If you’re among the latter group, you’re probably worried about how you can look good and simultaneously avoid overspending this fall. Well, the good news is that it’s not only possible – it’s entirely practical. Using the following tips you can look good while on a budget.
· Know where to find deals. The key to being a smart shopper is knowing where to find deals. Aside from coupons that you receive in the mail or cut out of newspapers and magazines, you’ll want to focus on deal websites. Sites like RetailMeNot, Slick Deals, andGroupon all offer links to up-to-date coupons and deals.
· Take advantage of free samples. When it comes to makeup and beauty supplies, take full advantage of free samples. You can get free samples by mail, in stores, and online. By stocking up on these, you can enjoy experimenting with new products and save some money. It’s the best of both worlds.
· Buy versatile fashion statements. Buying clothing, jewelry, and accessories that are versatile will allow you to get a whole lot more bang for your buck. Buy items that can easily be worn with different outfits, without getting old. Don’t waste your money on trendy items that only go with a single outfit or will likely be out of style in six months. These are a waste of money.
· Purchase out of season. Shopping out of season allows you to get better deals when demand is low. Ideally you should shop for fall clothing during late spring or early summer, but you still may be able to find some deals at the end of summer. Boots and winter coats are always priced-to-sell during warm months, because they take up so much shelf space.
· Less beauty products. Honestly, you probably use more beauty products than you should. Be a little more conservative with how much makeup, conditioner, and lotion you use. You’ll still get the same results, without spending as much money.
· Shop the right stores. Additionally, you need to know which stores to shop and which ones to avoid. Certain stores offer such good prices that you don’t even need coupons to snag deals. These are the kind of places you want to focus on. Let’s face it, designer clothes are a ripoff. If you pay full price for designer clothing, you’re messing up. Instead, shop discounted stores like T.J. Maxx or Marshalls. You can get the same brands at a fraction of the cost.
· Know when to pass. Whenever you’re getting ready to buy something ask yourself, “Do I really need this?” Most of the time the answer is no. It’s okay to pass on something you really want. It teaches you discipline and helps you prevent making emotionally charged purchases.
· Host a swap party. Have you ever attended a clothing swap party? It’s a great way to kick of the fall season with your girlfriends. Invite everyone over and tell them to bring clothing and accessories that they’d prefer to swap out. Set up a store in your living room and let people trade. Everyone gets something new without spending a dime.
What do you think? Are you ready to bust out some new fashions and wow your friends, all while staying within your financial means? Well, with these tips you can. You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars on designer brands. Regardless of what anyone else says, you can make maximize every purchase you make and still remain confident and sexy.