If you’re a fashionista, you would know very well what it takes to look good. In case you’re about to go to a party and you are struggling with your eye shadow makeup just as always, you need to know the basics of applying eye shadow. If you’ve got beautiful eyes, eye makeup would definitely be something without which you wouldn’t think of going out. But how would you highlight your eyes to grab attention? What exactly should you do in order to make people stare at your vibrant eyes? Well, if you’re at a loss regarding making up your eyes, here are some basics that you need to know on eye shadow makeup.
- Figure out the shape of your eye: The first thing to figure out is the shape of your eye so that you may know the different shading tricks that will work best. Eyes can be monolid, double lid, hooded eyes, almond eyes, upturned eyes, downturned eyes, deep-set eyes, protruding eyes, close set eyes, wide set eyes and many more. Which kind of eyes do you have?
- Know the lingo of your eyes: Do you know which part of your eye is known as what? Know which is the brow bone, the crease, the upper lashline, the inner corner, the tear duct, the waterline and the lower lash line. When you are buying brushes and reading/watching makeup tutorials it will be beneficial.
- Learn what your brushes are used for: There are different types of brushes and you should know the use of each one. The large shadow brush is a sweep on highlighter, the precision shadow brush is used for pack on pigment, the blending shadow brush is used to soften the shadow, the blending tip brush can smoke out the eye, the precision liner can draw a perfect line and a smudger brush can diffuse the eyeliner.
- Choose the eyeshadow formula: Cream eyeshadows work best as a base color or as solid single color coverage. Loose eyeshadows are those where you find the most color pigment and pressed eyeshadows are the most common type since they blend very easily.
- Do the priming correctly: Priming is something that keeps your eye shadow from erasing while your day goes on. If the primer that you are using is translucent, you should dust a layer of light color eye shadow to help the colors look bright and close to what you see on the palette.
If you really wish to make the eye shadow colors stand out, make sure you apply white liner before you apply the eye shadow. This will always highlight the color even more and make your eyes stand out in the crowd. You can purchase a Moodstruck Addiction Shadow Palette for yourself for quality eye makeup products from Younique.
Incoming search terms: